My name is Andrew Cole, and I am an architect in the making. I am currently a candidate for my Masters of Architecture at the University of Waterloo. My thesis is situated in the exploration of experiment of responsive architecture, and how protective building fabrics may become productive and reactive to the users around them. Please look at my past work, and come back for updates on my thesis development.
University of Waterloo
Candidate for Masters of Architecture, University of Waterloo
- Research Assistant to Rick Haldenby, May – June 2016
- BRIDGE Centre for Architecture + Design. Co-Director
- Hyperloop Concept Designer
Bachelor of Architectural Studies, Honours, 2015
- Lead Software Co-ordinator for ACADIA 2013 Installation
Ontario Secondary School Diploma 2010
January 2015 – May 2015; Toronto, Canada.
- Revit Model managing and drafting.
- Presentation drawing and diagram production.
- Participated in producing Parametric solutions in Grasshopper.
January 2014 – July 2014; London, United Kingdom.
- Supervised the design and development of a 9-Unit housing development in Lewisham, London, UK.
- Coordinated with Landscape Architects and Technical Consultants to provide a comprehensive Planning Submission package.
- Participated with the VauxhallOne Business Improvement District.
January 2012 – April 2012, September 2012 – December 2012, April 2013 – August 2013; Toronto, Canada.
- Provided 3D models and images for various stadium projects such as Madison Square Gardens.
- Participated on the design team for the Detroit By Design proposal.
- Helped developed a new plan rendering technique, as well as introducing Grasshopper scripts now used throughout the office.
- Integrated the use of Rhino as model software of choice in urban development design proposals
Foam Factor April 2011- Sept 2011